So, you got a new job in a faraway city! What have you thought then? What did you say, what is there to think about? You will pack and go, it is that simple! But mind you, moving house is not so relaxing a job, it sure invites some stress. May be you are shifting for the first, time that is why you are not able to see the issues to be thought about before actual moving. I am not trying to be negative, just practical. And, its good to plan before you move. After all residential relocation does not only mean taking away your goods to a new location but the whole identity of yours move with you from one city to the other. Here are certain points to help you plan your house move!
- Make your mind clear about which kind of area and atmosphere you want to live in the new place and also how big a house can you afford there (after all, cost of living is not same everywhere!).
- If possible, visit the new house once and make an estimate as to how you can set your things and whether the location suits you.
- Now take a look at your present house and your belongings. Classify them 搬屋服務 into categories such as things to be taken to the new location, things to be disposed off, items to be donated or sold out and so on. Get rid of anything that is not so essential to take along with you (lesser items will save you money, time and efforts).
- If there are certain things that you do not want to dispose off but you can not even take them along or if you are moving for a very short period and will not need everything there, then think about and explore the possibility of self storage where you can put your belongings for a particular period of time.
- Now decide whether you will hire professional movers and packers or go for self service moving. If you choose the second option, explore the options of self service moving suitable to you.
- If you want your things to be transported by house movers, then find one that can give you services according to you needs and is within your budget.
- Before finalizing the moving company, you will also have to decide about whether you will go for door-to-door-relocation or do some of the works, like packing, yourself.
- Finalize the deal with the relocation companies by clearing all the doubts. Make agreement according to law and the policies of the hired company.
- Get the utilities such as gas, electricity, water, Internet, cable, telephone etc. disabled in the old home and prepare the documents required for taking connections or transferring the old ones to the new home.
- Make arrangements for updating your address information with all the relevant institutes/offices such as cellphone service, insurance, loans, credit cards services, banks, government offices like for postal address change, car registration, drivers license, employer etc.
Although all these will take up your time and efforts but after making all these arrangements, you will feel very light at your new house as there will be nothing pending to do at you old home city.